Enchanted Makeovers believes that handmade items are infused with creativity and carry the love and hope of the creator, inspiring others to create, love and hope. That everyone is talented, creative and worthy of surroundings that nurture their soul, from where their greatness can emerge. When you help others realize their dreams you realize your own.
They are currently collecting items for their upcoming Texas event Bringing Basic Back....The Life Skills of Love benefiting the Women's Shelter Genesis. Items are due around June 30th to allow enough time to be brought to the location on July 10th.
Mail to: Debbie Maddy - 804 Virginia Street, Graham, Texas 76450
The following are the items needed, more information can be found at http://enchantedmakeovers.org/dynamic/?page=96
- 50 Handmade Pillowcases
- Sewing Machines – New or refurbished in great condition with manual
- Extension cords
- Rotary cutting supplies: rotary cutters and blades, rulers (multiple sizes), mats
- Needles – machine 80/12 sharp, hand assorted
- Pins – fine
- Scissors – fabric and paper
- Seam rippers
- Fabric – new 100% cotton
- Ironing boards or pressing mats
- Patterns for simple quilts and simple garments
- Hand crafted pillows, quilts, artwork, inspirational signs.
- Monetary donations or gift cards for WalMart Target/Kroger etc are needed.
If you live around the area, they are looking for volunteers to:
Painting Class (Volunteer will first share her personal story of courage and faith and how painting saved her life) and Reading Class (Volunteer will read the book Odd Velvet to the women and share the importance of bonding with our children through reading and how it expands our imagination)