Sunday, November 21, 2010

Tortilla Española Recipe! Easy and delicious brunch dish...

Nostalgia seems to plague my thoughts often, but it's the good nostalgia which inspires me and brings happiness to my soul. This morning as I was thinking about those weekends I spent with my mother, sisters and brother at the Spanish Club in Costa Rica (Club Campestre Español) I decided to cook a dish we ate there and we all love "Tortilla Española". I am not a culinary expert and in the past I said that I hated cooking; however, that has changed recently as I feel that we need to nurture our bodies with good food and our soul with positive thoughts. So, I wanted to share the recipe with all of you.


My recipe is for three people, you can change the amount of ingredients if you need a bigger Tortilla.

Ingredients: 4 eggs, 2 medium potatoes sliced thinly,  little bit of chopped onions, salt and spices to taste, olive oil.
Instructions: In medium heat pour about 1/4 cup of olive oil on your pan, pour the potatoes and cook until lightly golden, add the onion, cook. Once cooked, place the potatoes over a paper towel to drain out some of the oil. Mix the potatoes with the beaten eggs and add salt and spices to taste. Once the potatoes are folded into the eggs,  pour the mixture back on your pan on medium - high heat, cover the pan. Once the tortilla is half way cooked, transfer into another pan by flipping it carefully to cook the other side. Place the lid on the other pan.

Enjoy!



This photo is from a recipe that I found online, click to go to the recipe web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment